The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Digital Third Coast recently analyzed more than 6,000 marketing agency business listings to learn more about the state of our industry in 2020.
We analyzed fundamental business statistics including number of employees, age of agency, service offerings and hourly rates as well as gender and leadership dynamics within the marketing industry.
Here’s what we found:
Own Your Copy Today!
- 77% of marketing agencies employee between 10-49 employees.
- The average hourly rate of all marketing agencies is $136.
- The average number of services offered is 5. Top services include advertising, branding, SEO, social and design.
- 37% of marketing agencies are between 10-19 years old, 67% of marketing agencies are 0-20 years old and only 18% fall between 20-29 years old.
- 83% of agencies have a male as the most senior employee. 31% of agencies have no women in upper management, while only 2% had no men.
Take a look at the full report infographic for more information.