Matt Zajechowski 1m 203
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
America’s Dream Salary, Perks and More
What do American’s fantasize about when thinking about their ideal dream job?
To try and find out, MidAmerica Nazarene University recently surveyed 2,000 American’s and asked them everything about their ideal dream job, from salary to location, industry, job perks and more.
Let’s examine what they found:
- Only 25% of American’s say they’re currently at their dream job.
- A high salary is directly correlated with the likeliness that you currently have your dream job.
- 41% of surveyed respondents want to be business owners, however the majority of respondents are unwilling to own their own business if it requires them to work more than 60 hours per week. Currently 25% of American small business owners work over 60 hours per week.
- The pay gap between men and women for their dream jobs is over $166,000!
- Americans dream of having 52 days of PTO per year where the currently the average American worker only gets 15 days of PTO. This shows a huge disparity between wants and reality for most American workers.
- The main priorities for most American workers include income, flexibility and creative freedom.
To see the full survey results about American’s dream job, check out the infographic from MidAmerica Nazarene.