Matt Zajechowski https://elementsgs.com 1m 201
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
2021 Career change statistics and labor force trends
COVID-19 has been a wake-up call for many American workers looking to make career changes.
Elements Global Services recently analyzed Google search trends across several hundred job and career related queries in the U.S. between February 2020-July 2021 to try and learn more about what restless workers are searching for during the pandemic. They also surveyed 500 millennials and Gen Zers to learn more about their attitudes towards their careers.
- 78% of workers under 40 say the pandemic made them question what they want to do for a job/career.
- 69% of those not working remotely say they’ve been thinking about switching to a job they can do remotely.
- Top 3 career and job related searches during the pandemic: 1. Jobs that pay well 2. What jobs hire at 14 3. Best jobs to work from home.
- Searches for jobs that hire teens are up 192%. Searches for jobs offering high pay are up 120%. Searches for jobs that are done remotely are up 114%.
- 74% of young workers say there’s a job they would do for $15/hr. 47% say there’s a job they would do for $7.25/hr.
Take a look at the full report that includes the top 25 career and job related searches during the pandemic.