The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
If you struggle to make your press releases stand out from the pack, you aren’t alone: 36% of PR pros consider this a top challenge, according to a survey conducted as part of the 2021 State of the Press Release report.
CISION has gathered data from 2020 into 2021 to provide you with the results to understand what it takes to create a press release that will get you and your organization noticed.
In the report, you will become aware of:
- The latest industry trends and major topics
- Best practices for creating and distributing press releases
- The components that make up a more engaging press release
Some of the findings from the Public Relations Professionals were:
- 43% press outreach frequency has returned to pre-COVID levels or is more frequent
- 42% are most concerned about press releases reaching the right people
- 83% of most press releases are about company news
- 63% are planning to publish a press release within the next 12 months
Several tips for writing press releases include:
- Educating your target audience is one of the best ways to promote your content and give it the boost it needs
- Establishing a clear and direct message for your organization keeps reader engagement
- The words “announce” and “launch” in headlines attract more visitors
- Press releases that contain multiple media assets attract more visitors
The data comes from more than 100,000 press releases published in the past year, including PR pros who were surveyed about their press release practices, and you can learn more about what they think about publishing press releases. Additionally, in this report, you’ll find tips to make perfect your next press release and maximize its reach.
Some additional research you can read about in the report:
- Anatomy of the Perfect Press Release
- How many words, on average, should your headline be?
- Most used words in press release headlines
- Most overused words in press releases
- When is the best time to send out a press release?
- URL of the FREE WEBINAR: State of the Press Release LIVE
If you like the report, you’re going to love the State of the Press Release LIVE. Join the free webinar on Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2021 where a panel of PR leaders will be discussing all things press release.
This article was not sponsored by CISION or PR Newswire.