The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Jewellery is big news and even more so when it adorns a high profile celebrity. When a well known face announces their engagement or wedding, there is an immediate scramble to see what the ring looks like. We live in a superficial world nowadays and this is heavily influenced by the multitude of paparazzi photographs that can be accessed. Furthermore, with the proliferation of social media, there are many people posting photographs of celebrities and what they are wearing; thus feeding the interest further.
This infographic explores a number of celebrity ring purchases. The money that has been paid for some of these jewellery items is nothing short of phenomenal. It is even more interesting to learn that even after paying out all that money, that some of these engagements and marriages don’t last.
Read through the infographic and gasp at the outrageous amounts of cash that some celebrities have spent on their partners.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Own Your Copy Today!
Put A Ring On It
When a celebrity gets engaged it is big news. The public wants to know all the details but like every engagement, it is the ring that will get most of the attention.
- Hollywood actor Ben Affleck proposed to Superstar Jennifer Lopez with a 6.1-carat pink Harry Winston diamond worth a reported $1.2 million (£750,000). They called off their engagement in 2004.
- For his current wife actress Jennifer Garner, Ben spent $500,000 (£310,000) on another Harry Winston ring; this time a 4.5 carat cushion-cut diamond with baguette side-stones.
- Singer Cheryl Cole got a $160,000 (£100,000) heart shaped engagement ring but after footballer husband Ashley cheated he replaced it with this $257,0000 (£160,000) ring.
- Rapper Jay-Z presented singer Beyoncé with a $5 million (£3.1 million) Lorraine Schwartz emerald-cut solitaire. The ring features an 18-carat flawless diamond set in platinum.
- England footballer Wayne Rooney gave girlfriend Colleen McLaughlin a 10-carat, $320,000 (£200,000) Chopard ring for her 2121 which she now wears as her engagement ring.
- Former England footballer David Beckham bought his girlfriend Victoria Adams of the Spice GIrls a Boodle and Dunthorne designed 3-carat marquise-cut engagement ring reportedly cost $65,000 (£40,000).