Aliyah Loughlan http://www.ecardshack.com 1m 242 #femaleentrepreneurs
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Women Entrepreneurs In The City
In recent years, the rate of women entrepreneurs has been growing at a percentage of at least double that of their male counterparts.
Last year, an estimated 163 million women were starting or running new businesses in 74 economies around the world.
But where is the best city for women to set up business?
Using Dell’s Women Entrepreneur Cities Index, Ecard Shack have mapped the cities with the ability to attract and support high potential women entrepreneurs. The index evaluated cities on their capacity to foster the growth of women-led businesses based on the access they offer to capital, technology, talent, culture and markets.
Here are a interesting few hooks within the infographic:
- New York City, the Bay Area, and London dominate the top three spots.
- Although New York scores the highest across all markets, it still only received 62.9 points out of 100 – meaning there is plenty of room for improvement.
- London was found to rank in third for its markets and the capital it offers, and came in an impressive second for its technology, a result which saw it tie with Austin, Texas.
- In the top 10 cities overall, six are in the U.S., two are in Europe, one is in Canada and one is in Asia.
- Singapore is the only Asian city that made it to the Top 10 (No. 8 overall)
You can view the full interactive infographic below.