The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Making Your Bed
There is something wonderfully luxurious about getting into a freshly made bed. With a crease free bottom sheet, beautifully tucked in corners, plumped-up pillows, a duvet cover without lumps and a top cover that is smooth is a visual delight, which beckons you to get inside for a great nights sleep.
Our infographic guides you through the various ways of making the perfect bed. With a choice of bed making styles and placing of pillows, the guide will provide you with a fabulously made bed that is also a visual delight.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make hospital corners, the infographic gives a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this neat and precise method that will help to keep your bottom sheet in place. From a more contemporary partial roll down to full coverage, the guide offers a bed making methodology to suit the style of your home. Go for a mix and matched smart casual look or stick to a more traditional full coverage style, whichever you choose you will love stepping into your bedroom and sliding under the duvet.
Pillow placement and arrangements are included within the guide. Showing you ways to get comfort and add chic style to your fully made bed. Use pillows as decorative accents, lumbar support and a place to lay your head. Each type of pillow plays an important part in providing a good nights sleep and adds the all important finishing touches to a fully made bed.
Follow our ultimate list of bed making hacks and you can have a beautifully made bed in no time at all.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF BED MAKING HACKS
HOW TO REDUCE CREASES AND SAVE TIME
THE MAIN COMPONENTS
- BODY PILLOW / OTHER ACCENT PILLOW
- CHAMBER DOWN & FEATHER PILLOW
- DOWN PILLOWS
- DECORATIVE LUMBAR PILLOW
- COORDINATING BED SKIRT
- FATHER BED / LUXURY MATTRESS TOPPER
- DOWN BLANKET
- DECORATIVE TOP SHEET COTTON / POLYESTER
- DECORATIVE BED COVER
BED MAKING STYLES
- PARTIAL ROLL-DOWN
- FULL ROLL-DOWN
- TUCKED BAND
- FULL COVERAGE
- TIGHT AND TUCKED
- STACKED AND TUCKED
- WORKING IN THE BODY PILLOW
- MIX AND MATCH
THE DUVET COVER (THE HARD PART, YET SO SOFT)
- TURN THE DUVET COVER INSIDE OUT
- PLACE THE DUVET ON THE BED AND THEN LAY THE DUVET COVER ON TOP OF IT (STILL INSIDE OUT)
- PUSH THE TOP TWO CORNERS OF DUVET INSIDE OF THE TWO CORRESPONDING CORNERS OF THE DUVET COVER
- PULL BOTH OF THE INVERTED CORNERS OUT OF THE DUVET COVER FROM THE INSIDE
- SHAKE THE DUVET AND THE COVER BY HOLDING ONTO THE SAME CORNERS TO UNRAVEL ANY FOLDERS OR CREASES
- MAKE SUBTLE ADJUSTMENTS ON TO THE DUVET AND ONTO THE BED. THEN FASTEN THE COVER AROUND THE MATTRESS
BED MAKING TECHNIQUE
- SPREAD TOP SHEET ACROSS THE BED, LETTING EXTRA LENGTH FALL EVENLY OVER THE SIDES OF THE BED
- TUCK THE TOP SHEET INTO THE MATTRESS
- MAKE HOSPITAL CORNERS. HOLD OUT THE BOTTOM EDGE OF SIDE A. LETTING THE EDGE OF SIDE B FALL LOOSE. THEN TUCK SIDE B UNDER SIDE A TIGHTLY AND NISH BY TUCKING SIDE A UNDER THE MATTRESS TIGHTLY
- SPREAD YOUR DUVET OVER THE TOP SHEET. ALIGN LONG SIDES WITH LONG SIDES AND SHORT SIDES WITH SHORT SIDES. THE DUVET SHOULD LEAVE A 10 INCH GAP AT THE TOP OF THE BED AND HANG OVER ALL OTHER SIDES EVENLY.
- MAKE HOSPITAL CORNERS WITH THE DUVET INSTEAD OF THE BOTTOM SHEET
- FOLD THE TOP SHEET OVER THE DUVET. FOLD OVER ABOUT 12 INCHES AND THEN TUCK AND THEN TUCK IN BOTH SIDES UNDER THE MATTRESS
- ADD TWO PILLOWS TO FINISH OFF THE BED. PUT CASES ON YOUR PILLOWS, FLUFF THEM OUT A LITTLE THEN POSITION AT THE HEAD OF THE BED
Own Your Copy Today!