Odette Rivera Davis https://brewsmartly.com 1m 181 #coffee
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
[Study] Why the 8-hour workday just doesn’t make sense
A mass experiment in Iceland found that workers with four-day weeks became happier and healthier and got just as much done. This begs the question, are our 5-day 40 hour weeks as productive as we think they are? It looks like American workers are saying “no, no they’re not.”
According to a new study by BrewSmartly, 65% of respondents claim they have to find ways to “look busy” to fill up an 8-hour day.
Other highlights from the report include:
- 58% of Americans report doing less than 8 hours of “real work” per day.
- 44% of respondents admit to hiding in their office bathrooms to kill time
- 78% believe that remote worker take more breaks, but 70% believe remote workers are more productive
- 20% skip eating lunch entirely when working 8-hour days
- 43% of those that don’t take breaks claim they don’t because they have too much work to do
- 32% of respondents lied to their employers about being smokers so they could take extra breaks
Take a look at the full report that contains all of the above information and more.