The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Brand & PR Fails
Is there such a thing as bad? It seems that even a brands most disastrous moments can see search interest peak as this new infographic by Ade Lewis Ltd reveals the biggest and brand disasters of the past decade.
Using Google Trends the graphic looks at which brands saw search interest rise during their embarrassing can see interest in a brand reach peak levels.
- United Airlines saw search interest peak the most in the past decade, increasing by 1150% after they forcibly removed a passenger from a plane in 2017
- United Airlines, KFC, Snapchat and Yahoo all feature in the list more than once
- 2017 saw search interest in brands increase the most totalling 1829%
- Food and drink brands are the industry who feature in the list the most – they include Pepsi, KFC, McDonalds, Dominos and Subway
- Qantas and Netflix didn’t see any change in search interest when they hada PR slip up in 2011
- The biggest PR fail of 2018 so far goes to Doritos after they announced they would be introducing ‘lady doritos’ – search interest increased by 233%
For more information, follow the link to continue reading the infographic: https://www.adelewis.com/biggest-pr-fails-past-decade/